Champion Life Conditions of Participation
In consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of participation by You or Your child in in The Activities, You declare and agree on behalf of, and as the legal executor for the Participant as follows:
1. You are not aware of any medical condition, impairment, disease, illness or any other reason why the Participant should not participate in The Activities and that You have not been advised by a qualified medical practitioner for the Participant not to participate. Where You become aware of any medical condition or impairment that effects the Participant, or the Participant is otherwise sick or injured prior to or during The Activities, You will ensure that the Participant discontinues their participation in The Activities.
2. The Participant’s participation in The Activities is at their own risk and You acknowledge the Usual and Acknowledged Risk on behalf of the Participant. You acknowledge and assume the Usual and Acknowledged Risk of Loss and Injury to the Participant as a direct or indirect consequence of participation in The Activities.
3. You release and indemnify Us together with all those entities and persons associated with the organisation and operation of Champion Life from and against all Liability and any claims of any kind (whether at tort, contract or statute) including Loss or Injury to the Participant or any other person or property damage, however caused (including negligence) and arising out of the Participant’s participation in The Activities.
4. On behalf of the Participant, You indemnify Us, from and against any Liability arising from claims made against Us for Loss or Injury caused to another person by the Participant in the course their participation in The Activities.
5. You understand and acknowledge that We do not make any warranty (implied or express) that services associated with The Activities will be provided with due care and skill or fit for any particular purpose.
6. You consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of the Participant during participation in The Activities, and acknowledge that any images are the property of Us and that We may or may allow use of such images for promotional or other purposes without further consent being necessary. Further, We may use either the Participant’s or Your name, image, likeness and performance in the event, at any time, in any media, to promote Champion Life (and activities associated with the current and future versions of the Champion Life program).
7. You consent to the Participant receiving medical treatment during or immediately after the The Activities if unable to provide consent at the time such treatment is deemed to be required.
8. You will comply with, and act to ensure the Participant complies with all rules, regulations, and instructions relating to The Activities.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Queensland. If any part of this agreement is held to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severed without affecting the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement.
By participating in The Activities (or permitting participation in The Activities), You declare and agree that You have read, understood and agree to these terms being a condition of the Participant’s entry to and participation in the Champion Life program and The Activities
“Champion Life” means the physical activity program and associated activities conducted or provided by Us in conjunction with third party service providers, with reference to Champion Life software and products or similar branding.
“Liability” includes any liability, actions, suits, claims, costs, proceedings and demands, and includes action for any breach of the consumer guarantees in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA), but does not include action arising from death or injury due to Our Reckless Conduct.
“Loss or Injury” means any muscle, joint and bone injury, head injury, other bodily injury, heart attack, stroke and death, and includes consequential loss (including loss of wages).
“Our”, “We” and “Us” means Champion Edge Events Pty Ltd trading as Champion Life Education (ABN: 47 168 454 073) together with the owners, landlord or licensor of facilities on which The Activities are conducted.
“Participant” means the child or person undertaking The Activities.
“Reckless Conduct” means where We are:
aware, or should reasonably have been aware, of a significant risk that the conduct could result in personal injury to You or another person; and
engaged in the conduct despite the risk and without adequate justification.
“The Activities” means any of the activities, including the physical and recreational activities, group activities and related activities associated with the Champion Life program.
“Usual and Acknowledged Risk” includes strenuous physical activity, extreme fatigue, physical exhaustion, abnormal blood pressure, dehydration, fainting, dizziness, use of equipment, failure of equipment, use of facilities, hazards arising from use of facilities, tripping, falling, hazards caused by other participants, heat, humidity, recurrence and exacerbation of existing or prior physical injuries or conditions (whether known or unknown).
You and “Your” means the Participant and the parent or guardian agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of the Participant.
If You have queries about this document or The Activities, please contact Us on [Insert].
Information about your rights under the CCA and what you can waive are available from www.accc.gov.au